Friday, May 13, 2011

Lots to do...but first a cool story

J called me while I was out and told me we already heard from the social worker via email this morning with a pile of documents to fill out to prepare for the home study. Guess what we'll be doing this weekend?

J and I decided to meet for lunch and as baby A and I were driving downtown, I was listening to Steven Curtis Chapman's song called "Beauty Will Rise". It is a beautiful song about beauty rising up after the ashes. Tears came to my eyes thinking about his story and the pain that he's gone through that led him to write this song...(look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about). His loss of his daughter and the words he sang in the song reminded me of our loss of our first child, Isaac, (see "About Isaac" on the sidebar) and the beauty that rose out of the ashes when we continued on with God's hand on us and the growth of our family with M, L, and A. And I promise that not a second later, six white birds flew across the highway right in front of our path. Six. I have no idea if it was intended this way but I'd like to take that as confirmation from the Lord that we are meant to have six children. I, M, L, A, and then two siblings*** from Russia. We'll see!

(But I have to laugh and I'm not quite sure what to think of this but five minutes later, five army type helicopters crossed the highway in the same way. ;) )

B

***edited 10/13/11 - We are no longer seeking to adopt two siblings after reading more about issues that could arise and considering the ages of our bio children.

No comments:

Post a Comment