Just a little insight into the difficulty my hubby is having waiting for things to start - and we haven't even been offically approved by our agency yet...
Written by J:
Where is the list of things that need to be done with approximate timing and cost? How hard is it to say, "J, get these things and do such and such with them?" Get those birth certificates and those vet records and have them stamped by Willy Wonka, Bilbo Baggins and Voldemort and then mail them back. How hard is that?
How am I supposed to take comfort in a spreadsheet if I have no basis to build the spreadsheet from? Especially if I have to use the new version of Excel to do it. I hate that version. They've hidden all of the buttons and I can't figure out how to do any of it. I was once a full Jedi on the previous version of excel, but on the new version, I feel like the young Skywalker when he first meets Obi Wan.
Well, this will probably teach some patience if nothing else.
Something we need, huh? J is very organized and analytical in his approach and wants a checklist that he can tick off. Hopefully we will hear back from the agency tomorrow that our application has been accepted and they will provide hubby with his desired to-do list. I have a feeling though that a lot of this is going to be out of our control. There will be a lot of waiting that will definitely cause us to rely on the Lord for the details. We've already started stressing a little about the age(s) of the child(ren) and how they will fit into our family. We are reminding each other that God already has the child picked out for our family and none of our worrying about it will change His plan for us. It's just a matter of the people involved figuring out how to get that child or children to us.
B
No comments:
Post a Comment